Posted by Jawaballs at 11:26 AM
Here is a little update action on my Blood Angels Rhino. I cut a stencil in masking tape for the top hatch and airbrushed the logo. After trying several varnishes, I finally came to Liquitex Satin Varnish applied with my airbrush. First I used some Gloss Varnish spray from Home Depot. Then I applied Windsor and Newton Professional matte but it was still too glossy. So I hit it with some Liquitex Matte Varnish Spraycan love and it went too dull in some spots. Finally I gave it the Liquitex airbrush satin varnish and am mostly satisfied with the luster I want.
When I cut the stencil I left it a bit damaged for the worn effect.
After cutting the stencil, my hand revolted on me. I just cant do it any more. So I made this sheet of transfers using Testors Decal paper and Testors Decal Bonder. I will use advice from my friend John Stiening to apply the decals on further tanks and keep you updated!