X-Wing with Jawaballs and Fritz!

I don't get there often any more, but last night I made it to Battle for Salvation and played some X-Wing with Fritz and a couple new members!

I love this game. It is great in it's simple and fast play, plus complete lack of any effort to prepare. Just buy your ships and throw down!


I made this galaxy gaming table and it was a big improvement from the last game I played on a felt mat. Here is a bunch more pics.









The game itself went down to the wire.  I used Vader in his Tie Advanced, another pilot in a Tie Interceptor, plus a lowly academy pilot in a basic tie.  Fritz used a Lamda shuttle with a mercenary co pilot and a Fire Spray (Slave 1) with some other dude.

Our opponents had Biggs Darklighter and Luke Skywalker, plus an A wing and a Hawk 290 or some such.  We set up a bunch of asteroids and away we went!

Here is a video of the game:



The hero of the game was my Academy Pilot.  He was unfortunately the first of our ships to fall in range of the rebel scum, but blindly swerving from side to side saved his hide. He evaded almost all of the shots and flew right threw the scrum, taking down Biggs on his way. He wheeled around and came in behind, absorbing more shots and helping to take down Luke Skywalker.  Vader layed down the law by blasting the crap out of the Hawk, softening it up for the kill, then taking down the A wing.

Luke is a tricky fellow using R2 to regenerate his shields, and Biggs managed to save his A wing buddy for two rounds by absorbing shots from us that would otherwise have gone at the A wing to wipe out the weaker ship.

My interceptor didn't quite do much, he took some shots then ran into an asteroid and died.  But that is ok because that Academy Pilot earned a promotion!

Fritz's lamda shuttle was a fail. He was unsure how to play it and it just sorta sat in the way the whole time, limiting the maneuverability of my ships.  And while it has a gun on the back, it does not seem to be able to shoot backwards!

At the end is was poor Luke vs both of Fritz's big ships, Vader and my Academy Pilot.  We had him boxed in with no where to go!  Die rebel scum.

This was a learning game for me, so we probably didn't do every thing right. But who cares, it was a LOT of fun.

Enjoy the vid!

Oh, and Jawaballs Live returns tonight on Miniwargaming. Pop over and check it out!

Jawaballs

1 comments:

Rath of Un said...

Wow the Board looks good, once I find the time I am going to build my own board as well something similar. Did you use lava rocks for the asteroids?

Post a Comment