Redemption of the Fallen: An army painting charity project in support of Doctors Without Borders.
To see the site for the new project GO HERE.
Here is the full banner.
I am very proud to have been part of two army painting projects in the past. The Storm Wardens, and the Heroes of Armageddon. I think in total we raised about 50,000 bucks for Doctors Without Borders.
This year we have a new organization running the show. Believe me, it is a HUGE amount of work to coordinate a project like this. But the guys at Nova have taken it on, x3! There are three armies being created for this project.
Also this year, as a nice change, TheWarstore has provided all of the models to be painted. Previously those were out of pocket expenses.
So what are we painting?
A Dark Angels army of 1850 base points. This army will include all elements that make Dark Angels special, plus more great stuff like a custom display board!
Here is a work in progress of some of the artwork on one of the Rhinos By Dan Withers from Valhalla Games.
Yes that is hand painted work, and no it is not mine! It is freaking beautiful though.
Here is how you can enter to win...
VISIT HERE And purchase tickets. For every single dollar you donate, you will be entered into the drawing once. Donate 100 bucks, and you will be entered 100 times. The more you donate, the better your chances of winning! The drawing will take place at The Nova Open on 9/1/13. You do NOT need to be present to win. The armies will be shipped WORLD WIDE by 9/6/13. So get in on it!
What am I doing? I will be painting a Ravenwing Bike Squad and a Ravenwing Apothecary. I just started so I don't have any WIP yet, but I should have the Apothecary done soon. More on that later!
I am excited to be part of this project and I can't wait to see the finished result. Check back often for more WIP and check the site, there are links to all of the artists.
Here are the rules straight from the site:
- Donation structure:
- .95 cents of every $1 ticket will go directly to the nonprofit cause as designated by each raffle (listed above)
- Approximately .02 cents of every $1 ticket will be used to support the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation overhead and administrative costs
- Approximately .03 cents of every $1 ticket will be used to cover Paypal fees and tax reporting
- Minimum number of tickets purchased is 10. This minimum ensures that the maximum percentage of each ticket purchased will benefit the designated charitable cause.
- Ticket purchases, though supporting nonprofit charitable causes as outlined above, are not tax deductible.
- Buyer’s name will be entered into raffle once for every ticket purchased. The NOVA Open Charitable Foundation will use an accurate, independently-developed electronic randomizer to select the winners.
- The final drawing in each raffle will occur at the NOVA Open convention in Arlington, VA, on Sunday, 9/1/13. Winners need not be present to win.
- Winners’ names (plus city/state/country) will be posted on the home page of the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation (novaopencharities.org) no later than Monday, 9/2/13.
- Armies will be packaged and shipped to the winners before Friday, 9/6/13; tracking information will be provided.
- No members of the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation, Inc., artist/painters, or sponsor owners eligible to win.
- No maximum ticket purchase. No percentage chance of winning can be calculated. Ticket p
- urchase does not guarantee win. Ticket sales are final. No refunds.