Posted by Jawaballs at 9:16 AM
Ok folks, here it is. My first contest! As I promised in August, I will be running a painting contest. Also as I promised, this first one will be centered around the Blood Angels. Perfect since Space Hulk is out!
Here are the rules:
Pretty standard internet painting contest rules folks. I am the one and only authority here. If I feel you are trying to get some sort of advantage by any sort of mischief, I will discuss it with you and if I have to, disqualify you.
1. To enter my contest, you must be a blog follower.
2. Paint one BLOOD ANGELS terminator using Blood Angels colors. (Sorry Ron, your sweet Space Hulk Deathwing dont count! I'm sure you can meet the challenge though.) Guys seriously, if you don't want to paint a Blood Angel, fine, just don't enter! :) I will have other contest that are opened up to any thing. Off Shoots of the Blood Angels are not allowed. Sorry Flesh Tearers! While I respect and love your creativity, I want the playing field to be level here. Sure it might give Blood Angels painters an advantage, but now is a chance for you other guys to step it up! This forces you all to develop your skills with a difficult palet of colors. Lets see what you can do! Can you accent your Blood Angels with blues and purples? Sure. Just stick with the basic paint scheme of the Blood Angels. A primarily red base coat. Look at the new White Dwarf for a nice painting tutorial and guide. I had written this up requireing you to use Space Hulk terminators, but some guys cannot afford them, so I opened it up to all. I would however LOVE to see you paint Space Hulk!
3. Paint your model YOURSELF, and for this contest! I do want to make sure that you are painting it your self, so pay attention to the next rule. I do not want guys to simply unshelf some painted masterpiece and win their 48th contest with it.
4. Provide me with 6 images of your model.
Three of them will be images of your finished model, from 3 different angles. These images may be 3 single pictures, or 1 picture collage with 3 images on it. I have seen guys submit "Three Images" to painting contests, but those three images were each mass collages of multiple images, giving them the opportunity to actually submit a dozen or so. Don't know why, but that annoys me. :) Send me 3 pictures, or ONE picture with 3 images. These will be the images I judge. Next to all images, include a piece of paper on which you have written your Jawaballs blog follower name, and the date.
Three other images of your model, will be taken showing progress. Take a picture of your modle being started, take a picture of the mid point, and take a picture of the finished model. All from the same angle. These can be collaged into one image, or sent seperately. This is to show me that you are painting your model yourself. To take a page from Miniwargaming, write your Jawaballs blog follower name and the date on a piece of paper, and display that next to your model for the pictures.
5. Email the pictures to jawaballs AT yahoo dot com. To avoid spambots I typed it out. Include your address incase you win.
6. Due Date: Your pictures must be received no later then 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on Friday, October 9th. This gives you a month boyos!
7. You Must comment on this post to enter. Simply add a comment announcing your entry! I will make a contest banner with a link to this thread.
8. Your model must be based, and on a terminator size base only. Having said that, basing has NO BEARING on judging beyond meeting the minium requirement. A lavish jungle scene full of lush foliage with your terminator skulking around in it will only hinder the judging since I will not be able to see the painting! I suggest you spend your time painting. I suggest simple sand, rocks and flocking, or a scenic resin base. I have seen guys win contests with average models but amazing sculptd bases. I want this to be a contest of painting, not sculpting. Try the citadel hero basing kit.
Ok, that sounds about good for rules. Check back often since I will update this post with FAQ rules.
Now for details.
Sometime around October 31, I will make a post displaying one of my favorite pictures from each entry. I will announce the winner at this time.
First Prize: A new Terminator Box Set of your choice. I will ship this free world wide. Also, 10 bucks of free bases from my estore, www.jawaballsproductions.com
Second Prize: A brand new copy of Dawn of War II, courtesy of Bell of Lost Souls. (I scored it as a door prize at bolscon and am regifting it!) Also, 10 bucks of free bases from my Estore, www.jawaballsproductions.com
Third Prize: A Terminator with Typhoon Missle Launcher blister. Also, 10 bucks of free bases from my Estore, www.jawaballsproductions.com
Fourth, Fifth and Sixth: Wait for it.... 10 bucks of free bases from my Estore, www.jawaballsproductions.com Or a free download set of "how to paint" videos. Your choice.(Shameless marketing)
So there you go! Take a look, feel free to offer input. If any thing is unclear, let me know. Let the competition begin!
Also, I bought my scenic resin bases from www.jawaballsproductions.com and they are awesome. I also bought How to Paint Space Marines from www.jawaballsproductions.com.